If you’re a Horace Mann auto insurance policyholder, you can access your policy 24/7 by creating an online account. Benefits of enrolling in online access include the ability to update policy information, view/print ID cards, make payments, file claims, and more. You can also use ‘Quick Pay’ to pay your premiums without signing in to/creating an account. The login/registration, non-login payment, and claims processes are all detailed in the sections below.
Horace mann login
How to Log In
Step 1 – On the homepage (https://www.horacemann.com), click the ‘Log In’ link near the top of the page (outlined in red below). You will be taken to the account access page.
Step 2 – Enter your user ID, and hit ‘Continue.’
Step 3 – Enter your password to access your policy.
Forgot Password – On the main sign-in page, click the ‘Password’ link under the user ID input field. You will be transferred to the password reset form. In the first section, enter your user ID, email address, last four digits of your social security number, and date of birth. Click ‘Continue’ and then enter your new password.
Enroll in Online Access
Step 1 – On the homepage, click the ‘Register Now’ link and you will go to the three-step registration form.
Step 2 – Enter your last name, select your state, and then provide your date of birth.
Step 3 – Enter your social security number (or policy number). Click ‘Continue.’
Step 4 – Enter your user ID and password, and then choose your security verification image/answer to complete the enrollment process.
Step 1 – Click the ‘Make a Payment’ link on the homepage (at the top of the page).
Step 2 – Press ‘Pay Now’ to go to the ‘Quick Pay’ page.
Step 3 – Enter your policy number and ZIP code.
Step 4 – Enter the payment amount, and payment details (card/bank information).
Step 5 – Make your payment.
Make a Claim
Step 1 – You can report an auto claim by calling the dedicated claims line at 1-800-999-1030. For auto glass claims, call 1-888-321-9391. If you require emergency roadside assistance, call 1-877-272-0030 as soon as possible. To report a claim online, log in to your account in order to submit your claim. More information regarding auto claims can be viewed on this page.
Horace Mann Auto Insurance Review
Horace Mann was founded for teachers, by teachers. In 1945, two teachers from Springfield, Illinois believed that teachers were lacking in quality, affordable insurance. Horace Mann now serves more than 4,100 school districts in a variety of ways, both inside and outside of the classroom.
Horace Mann also saw the need to make it easier for educators to do business with them. Their unique approach to accommodating the needs and schedules of educators while keeping premiums affordable and products custom-tailored is their hallmark.
Types of insurance offered by Horace Mann Auto Insurance
Personal auto insurance through Horace Mann includes the following coverages:
- Liability – This coverage is required in most states and protects the policyholder from legal liability from an at-fault claim. It also provides reimbursement for medical and property damages to individuals for which you are held liable due to an auto accident. Policy limits apply.
- Comprehensive – When covered physical damage occurs to your vehicle that is not considered a collision, it is usually paid through your comprehensive coverage. This includes things such as hail, glass breakage, theft, and loss due to animals. A deductible may be applied.
- Collision – Damage caused by collision with a stationary object or another vehicle is covered through your collision coverage. All damages are subject to a deductible.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist – If an individual causes damage to your vehicle or injury to you and your passengers and does not have insurance, or does not have enough insurance to cover the loss, this coverage applies. Deductible requirements vary by state.
- Roadside Assistance – If your vehicle breaks down and must be towed, this coverage can help.
- Rental Reimbursement – If your vehicle is not driveable due to a claim, rental reimbursement can help find you a temporary replacement vehicle until yours is repaired.
Horace Mann Auto Insurance prices
Horace Mann was founded with educators in mind and a belief that educators tend to be better drivers. Because of this, they offer special discounts specifically designed for educators to help keep their rates low.
AM Best, the leading global rating agency for the insurance industry has awarded Horace Man with an excellent rating in financial strength. Strong financial stability allows Horace Mann to offer low premiums with the confidence that they will be able to meet claims demands.
Horace Mann Auto Insurance discounts
There are many discounts available to Horace Mann auto insurance customers to help reduce their auto insurance premiums.
- Educator discount – An auto insurance discount is available simply for being an educator.
- Multiline discount – Educators with more than one line of business with Horace Mann receive a discount on their auto insurance policy. Three or more lines of business may generate an additional discount.
- Multicar discount – More than one vehicle insured by an educator with Horace Mann qualifies you for a multicar discount.
- Association member discount – Educators who are members of qualifying education or school administration associations may receive a discount on their auto insurance policy with Horace Mann.
- Payroll discount – Horace Mann customers who have their premiums deducted directly from their paycheck may earn an additional discount for doing so.
- New customer discount – Educators who switch to Horace Mann enjoy a new customer discount.
- HMDrive® discount – This discount is for customers willing to install an app on your phone to monitor their driving activity.
- Driver safety discounts – Safe driving can lead to discount rewards.
- Car safety discounts – Built-in safety features on your vehicle can mean discounts on your Horace Mann auto insurance.
- Good student drivers discount – Student drivers who maintain excellence in the classroom may be eligible for a discount.
In addition, the Educator Advantage package is also included at no charge to every teacher who purchases an auto policy. This benefit package includes increased roadside assistance coverage, waiver or reduction of the deductible for vandalism on or near a school or school-sponsored event, liability coverage for transporting students, new car replacement, and $1,000 pet coverage.
Horace Mann Auto Insurance Pros and Cons
Horace Mann auto insurance provides a multitude of discounts to keep premiums low, including discounts specific to educators and extra perks just for being an educator. With an excellent financial strength rating, Horace Mann can be trusted to be around to pay claims for years to come. Their focus on educators means an insurance company that not only understands the specific needs of educators but also focuses on meeting those needs. Their website is simple to navigate and offers convenient access to policy information.
Horace Mann auto insurance does not offer medical payments coverage or personal injury protection coverage. They do offer several supplemental policies that could fill these gaps. Because Horace Mann exists to serve educators, non-educators do not qualify.
How do I file a claim with Horace Mann Insurance?
Glass breakage claims can be filed by calling Horace Mann Fast Glass at 800-321-9391 or by submitting a claim through their Horace Mann mobile, their mobile app.
To submit an emergency road service claim, call Horace Mann Express Service 877-272-0030 or submit a claim through Horace Mann mobile.
For all other auto claims, call Horace Mann 800-999-1030, file a claim through Horace Mann mobile, or log in to their customer portal and select “My Claims.”
What are Horace Mann working hours?
Horace Mann auto claims assistance is available 24/7 by calling 800-999-1030. Customer service is available at the same number during the following times:
Monday – Friday 7am-8pm CT
Does Horace Mann auto insurance cover rental cars?
Rental cars that qualify as a non-owned car (NOC) or as a temporary substitute car (TSC) may be eligible for certain coverages to extend from an existing Horace Mann auto insurance policy to a rental car. Because existing coverages and state laws can vary, contact customer service to confirm coverage for your particular rental car needs. Coverage usually extends for up to 30 days if coverage applies.
What is covered with Horace Mann’s Emergency Road Service?
Having your vehicle towed is the primary use of emergency road service, but there are many more things Horace Mann’s emergency road service can help with, including:
- Battery jump start
- Minor mechanical adjustments
- Tire change
- Gasoline, oil, and water delivery
- Lockout service
What is HMdrive®?
HMDrive is a mobile app that uses the sensors in your phone to detect starts and stops of your vehicle. This app helps you become a safer driver by providing details of your driving style and allowing you to compare your performance to others with badges in the app. While HMDrive is available on both Google Play and the App Store, you will need a registration token provided by Horace Mann to use the app. HMDrive is optional for Horace Mann customers but does provide an added opportunity for discounts.
Is Horace Mann a good insurance company?
Horace Mann has strong customer reviews and an excellent financial rating. It has a long history of advocating for educators and providing quality and affordable auto insurance.
Does Horace Mann offer home insurance?
Yes, Horace Mann offers home, renters, and condominium owners insurance policies. They also offer extra coverages to consider, such as Scheduled Personal Property coverage, Replacement Cost on Contents coverage, and Added Perils for Refrigerated Food Products endorsement.
Insuring both your home and autos with Horace Mann also provides additional discount opportunities, such as a multiline discount. Horace Mann also offers Identity Fraud Advocacy Services for no additional charge to all home, condo, or renters insurance policy owners. This service provides access to a trained fraud specialist to help you with the restoration process after identity theft.
How do I log in to my Horace Mann insurance account?
You can log into your Horace Mann insurance account here with your email and password. To register your account, you will need your name, zip code, birth date, and either your policy number or the last 4 digits of your social security number. You can also make a payment without logging in, through Quick Pay. You will need your policy number and zip code to make a payment with Quick Pay.
How do I get a quote from Horace Mann auto insurance?
From the Horace Mann website, you can click on the insurance header and choose “get a quote” in the Auto Insurance option, or here. Existing customers can log in to their online customer portal to obtain a quote.
You can also request a quote on Horace Mann mobile or by calling 800-999-1030.
Horace Mann auto insurance was founded with educators in mind. Their focus on providing holistic products and services makes them a great choice for educators. A strong customer service reputation and financial strength bring confidence in their ability to pay claims and continue to serve educators throughout their career and into retirement. Horace Mann’s auto insurance discounts are substantial and tailored for educators and fit in well with the diversity of their insurance and financial service options. With multiple options for communication, including online, on the phone, their mobile app, and licensed agents, Horace Mann makes it easy for busy educators to conduct business while providing competitive rates.