Safeway auto insurance customers can manage their policies and make payments online at their convenience. To use the service, members have to register on the website. To sign up and use the service, follow the instructions below.
How to Log In
Step 1 – On the website, go to the homepage and locate the MySafeway login form.
Step 2 – Enter your user name and password in the required fields and click ‘Login’.
- Forgot password – By clicking on the ‘forgot password’ link, you will be able to reset your password, recover your username and reset your email. Select what you need help with to start the recovery process.
Enroll in Online Access
Step 1 – On the homepage, locate the ‘create profile’ link on the MySafeway login form as shown below. Click on it to kick start the process.
Step 2 – You will be redirected to the MySafeway enrollment page. Here, you will be required to select your policy type and state where it was written and enter your policy number, name and date of birth. Click ‘Next’ to proceed.
Step 3 – In the next 3 steps, you will set up your login credentials, personal information and preferences.
Step 1– On the homepage, click on the make a payment button as shown below.
Step 2 – You will be redirected to MySafeway. Under the ‘Make a One Time Payment’ form, enter your policy number, state last name and date of birth. Click on ‘Make a Payment’. You can pay with MasterCard®, Discover®, Visa® and personal checks.
Make a Claim
You can make an auto insurance claim through an agent. You will need to gather the following information before getting in touch with an agent:
- Name and policy number of the policyholder
- Location, date and facts of the incident or accident
- Name of persons involved in the accident
- Your police report
Safeway Auto Insurance Review
Safeway auto insurance is an established insurance carrier that has been in business since 1959. They are the biggest family-owned insurance carrier in the United States and they offer solid coverage options at affordable prices. They have more than 250,000 policyholders and they have had solid Safeway auto insurance reviews. It is one of the better options for high-risk drivers and while they have good coverage options, they do not have many discounts. You can get Safeway insurance products in the following 12 states:
- New Mexico
There is also information on the Safeway insurance webpage for agents and the link for the Safeway agent login is on this page. They also have a Safeway login on the main page where you can manage your policy and stay updated on claims.
Types of Coverage Safeway Auto Insurance Offers
Safeway insurance offers basic types of coverage and what they offer is the minimum for every state’s insurance requirement. The types of coverage options that Safeway auto insurance offers are:
- Collision – This covers costs for repairing your vehicle or replacing it if it is totaled in an accident. It also covers other damage, such as hitting a tree and who is at fault in the accident does not matter. All expenses that are accident related will be covered under the policy such as repairs, towing, and vehicle replacement.
- Comprehensive – This helps with costs to your vehicle that was not caused due to an accident on the road. For example, if a tree falls and hits your car, if another vehicle kicks up rocks and damages your windshield, or your vehicle is vandalized these types of things are covered. Towing is also covered in this type of policy.
- Medical Payments (MedPay) – This will help cover the costs of things such as hospital expenses and funeral expenses. It can help with the costs to you and your passengers as well as other driver’s if you are at fault in an accident.
- Uninsured Motorist – This type of coverage helps with the costs if you are in an accident and the other driver is either uninsured or does not have enough insurance to cover costs. This helps with expenses that typically are paid out in the liability policy for injuries sustained and property damage.
- Liability – Liability coverage is required in most states and in all of them that Safeway operates in. It can help cover expenses for another driver if there is an accident and you are the driver at fault. It covers both medical expenses as well as property damage expenses.
Safeway Auto Insurance Prices
As stated before Safeway insurance offers their insurance products at an affordable price. The price for the insurance that you buy will depend on a few things such as:
- Your age
- Marital status
- Where you live
- Your driving record
- Whether you live in a gated community
- What type of coverage you want
- Make and model of your vehicle
You can get pricing information by calling the main office located in Westmont, Illinois, which is a suburb of Chicago. That phone number is 630-887-8300. You can also get information at the other offices in the 12 states that Safeway offers auto insurance and you can see all of those phone numbers here.
Safeway Auto Insurance Discounts
Safeway auto insurance offers bare coverage at discounted prices and because of that they do not offer any discounts. However, there may be a discount for prior coverage but you will have to contact the state offices to get that information.
Auto Insurance Pros and Cons
- Affordable auto insurance
- Solid coverage options
- Over 3,000 agents in the United States
- Good for high-risk drivers
- Easy to make a payment
- Easy to make claims
- Solid Safeway insurance reviews
- Only available in 12 states
- No discounts
- Only auto insurance
- Bare minimum auto insurance
- No online quotes
Does Safeway insurance have a grace period?
Yes. Safeway auto insurance has a grace period and also allows for an extension of premium grace periods.
Does Safeway insurance have roadside assistance?
No. Safeway insurance does not offer roadside assistance but they do cover the cost of towing if you are in an accident that is covered under your policy.
Does Safeway insurance cover rental cars?
Yes. Safeway insurance offers rental car coverage.
How to pay my bill online with Safeway?
You can make your Safeway insurance payment online through your MySafeway account. Through this Safeway insurance payment portal you can not only pay your bill online, but also print out ID cards as well as check the status of a current claim. The MySafeway payment link can be found here. They accept checks, Visa, Mastercard, and Discover and on the MySafeway payment link, you can also make a one-time payment and there is no login required.
Does Safeway Insurance have an app?
No. There is no Safeway app available.
How to make a payment with Safeway auto insurance?
You can make a payment to Safeway auto insurance online, over the phone, or by snail mail. The online portal of MySafeway allows you to quickly and easy make a premium payment online. For the physical addresses of where to send your payments you can see all the addresses here. The Safeway insurance payment phone numbers are:
- Alabama – (800) 659-6551
- Arizona – (800) 572-9479
- Arkansas – (800) 575-7951
- California – (888) 575-3590
- Colorado – (800) 572-9479
- Georgia – (888) 575-9620
- Illinois – Headquarters – (888) 575-3593
- Louisiana – (800) 575-7951
- Mississippi – (800) 656-6847
- New Mexico (800) 572-9479
- Tennessee – (888) 575-3590
- Texas – (800) 575-7288
Is Safeway insurance a good company?
Safeway auto insurance is a good company that has received solid Safeway insurance reviews and was established in 1959. While they offer bare minimum coverage options and do not have any discounts their insurance is very affordable and inexpensive. They are a solid option for high risk drivers, as they insure drivers that other carriers will not.
Where can I contact Safeway auto insurance?
You can contact Safeway auto insurance over the phone and through snail mail. You can see all of the physical addresses on Safeway insurance webpage and the general inquiry phone numbers and claims numbers are:
- Alabama – (205) 948-1022 or (800) 344-1947 Claims – (888)-203-5129
- Arizona – (866) 605-9501 or (480) 730-0026 – Claims – (888) 203-5129
- Arkansas – (337) 291-2510 or (800) 252-3251 – Claims – (888) 203-5129
- California – (626) 471-8000 or (800) 807-2339 – Claims – (888) 203-5129
- Colorado – (866) 605-9501 or (480) 730-0026 – Claims – (888) 203-5129
- Georgia – (678) 319-4425 or (888) 203-4964 – (888) 203-5129
- Illinois – Headquarters – (630) 887-8300 or (800) 273-0300 – Claims – (888) 203-5129
- Louisiana – (337) 291-2510 or (800) 252-3251 Claims – (888) 203-5129
- Mississippi – (601) 936-2155 or (800) 352-3089 – Claims – (888) 203-5129
- New Mexico – (866) 605-9501 or (480) 730-0026 – Claims – (888) 203-5129
- Tennessee – (601) 936-2155 or (800) 352-3089 – Claims – (888) 203-5129
- Texas – (972) 488-6000 or (800) 554-6445 – Claims – (888) 203-5129
What are Safeway insurance working hours?
The working hours will depend on the office. Here are the working hours for each Safeway insurance office in the US.
- Alabama – 8 am to 4:30 pm CT Monday – Friday
- Arizona – 8 am to 5:30 pm MST Monday – Friday
- Arkansas – 8:30 am to 4:30 pm CT Monday – Friday
- California – 8:00 am to 5 pm PT Monday – Friday
- Colorado – 9 am to 6:30 pm MDT Monday – Friday
- Georgia – 8:30 am to 4 pm ET Monday – Friday
- Illinois – Headquarters – 7:30 am to 4 pm CT Monday – Thursday, 7:30 am to 1 pm CT Friday
- Louisiana – 8:30 am to 4:30 pm CT Monday – Friday
- Mississippi – 8:30 am to 4:30 pm CT Monday – Friday
- New Mexico – 9 am to 6:30 pm MDT Monday – Friday
- Tennessee – 8:30 am to 4:30 pm CT Monday – Friday
- Texas – 8:30 am to 4:30 pm CT Monday – Friday
On the page with all of the locations you will also see the hours for each office where you can make a claim.
Safeway insurance is a company that has a good reputation and has been insuring drivers since 1959. They are available in 12 states and they offer basic auto insurance coverage, which is required in the state. They are a company that does not offer discounts and primarily because they offer inexpensive coverage options. While you cannot get a quote online, it is simple to get a quote as well as make a claim. What is also easy is making a payment, as you can do so over the phone, snail mail, or online using the MySafeway payment portal. They are a solid option for high-risk drivers and there are over 3,000 agents across the US to help you get the coverage you need at a price you can afford.