Banfield Pet insurance policyholders/plan owners can access their pet’s medical records and view/update their wellness plan billing information by creating a “MyBanfield” account. Once signed in to the service, customers can also use the online pharmacy to order prescriptions. Use the instructions on this page to learn how to sign in to your account, register a new account if you’re a new customer, and reset your password.
How to Log In
Step 1 – Begin by going to the Banfield homepage (click the login button at the top of this page, or enter https://www.banfield.com into your web browser).
Step 2 – Once on the homepage, press the “Login” button (located in the menu at the top of the page), or the “MyBanfield” link (as outlined below).
Step 3 – Enter your username and password into the sign-in form and then hit the “Log In” button.
Forgot Password – If you do not remember your account’s password, click the “password” link underneath the sign-in form. In the input field that generates, fill in your username or email. A password reset link will be sent to your email address.
Enroll in Online Access
Step 1 – Go to the main sign-in page by following the steps listed above.
Step 2 – Click the “Sign Up” button as outlined in the screenshot below.
Step 3 – Enter your client ID into in the input field and then hit “Continue” to move on to the next step.
Note: You must have a current client ID in order to create an online account.
Step 4 – Complete the remaining steps of the registration process to create your online account.
Banfield Pet Insurance Review
Banfield pet insurance is a company that was founded in 1955 in Portland, Oregon and they are the biggest general veterinary practice in the United States. They also offer their services in Puerto Rico as well. They are powered by over 3,600 veterinarians whose main goal is to help your furry friend. They have their services offered in over 1,000 pet hospitals and they are not a typical carrier, as rather than usual coverage insurance they offer the unique Optimum Wellness Plans (OWPs). The pets they have plans for are dogs and cats.
The OWPs they offer help deliver quality care that is customized that takes care of your pet’s needs. There is VetChat, which is a 24/7 live service chat, and they also have virtual office visits. The plans offered are more for preventative action taken, so your pet can avoid going to the vet. Early diagnosis is a key aspect of the plans offered and they focus on five categories of the wellness of your pet, which are:
- Primary care
- Preventable disease
- Oral health
With typical pet insurance, or for any insurance for that matter, you will have to pay a premium and then you want to be reimbursed. With OWPs you will pay monthly or annual installments for the plan that you want to get. They are solid and affordable plans that are specifically setup in order to support the health of your pet. When you enroll in one of the OWP’s you will get a 1-on-1 consultation with a vet in the Banfield family and because of that you are ensured of getting the right coverage.
On the Banfield pet insurance website there is the Banfield login where you can manage the policy plan that you have for your pet.
Types of coverage Banfield Pet Insurance Offers
The Optimum Wellness Plans that Banfield Pet insurance offers are in the forms of packages, as they offer:
- Puppy Packages (dogs under 6 months old)
- Kitten Packages (cats under 6 months old)
- Dog Packages
- Cat Packages
The Optimum Wellness Plans will pay the full cost of every vet visit or procedure on the level of coverage you have.
The medical conditions that are covered by Banfield Pet insurance are:
- Hereditary issues
- Congenital issues
- Chronic illness
- Dental issues
The medical treatments that are covered by Banfield insurance are:
- Testing at a diagnostic level
- Prescribed medications
- Emergency care
- Care of a special nature
- Therapy for behavioral issues
- Prosthetics and mobility aids
All of the packages include:
- Solid and affordable preventative pet care – The OWP packages offered are specifically designed for one purpose and that is to ensure the wellness of your pet.
- No limit on office visits – No matter what OWP package you have there will never be a fee of an office visit on the bill you receive.
- Examinations that are comprehensive – Every aspect of your pet’s health is covered in the comprehensive exams given to your pet.
- Routine vaccinations that are recommended – You can give your pet the best protection possible against illnesses with recommended vaccinations as well as boosters.
- Testing at a diagnostic level – The OWPs include blood tests, stool tests, radiology testing and others done on a routine basis to make sure your pet is healthy and if not getting to the bottom of why in a quick manner.
- Payments that are affordable – You can choose to pay for the OWP payment at one time or break it up into 12 monthly installments and there are never any interest fees involved.
- Discount that is OWP-based – You can receive a discount on many of the products, as well as services, that Banfield pet insurance offers that are not a part of your specific OWP program.
- Option to add parasite control – You can speak to your vet for the best parasite control action to take and you even have the possibility to add that cost to the OWP payment you make on a monthly basis.
The OWP you have through Banfield can be used at the over 1,000 locations across the US. Also included in your OWP will be:
- Two virtual office visits
- VetChat 24/7 vet advice
- A unique session of coaching for your pet’s nutrition
You also have online access to the medical records for your pet, information regarding payment, and pet appointments through the MyBanfield login on the website as well as on the mobile application.
Banfield Pet Insurance Prices
The prices for Banfield pet insurance will depend mainly on the type of OWP package that you get. There are also other factors involved in the price such as the age of your pet, pre-existing conditions, and if you have optional add-ons for various illnesses. One of the things that you should know is that because Banfield is not a typical insurance carrier, they do not cover accidents. Another thing is that you have to take your pet to the over 1,000 hospitals locations in the United States to use the benefits offered. That is easy to do, as on the Banfield website they have the links to Find a location near me as well as to Make an appointment. You can also get pricing information through the Banfield pet hospital login in your Banfield account on the website.
Banfield Pet Insurance Discounts
You can receive a Banfield pet insurance discount if you decide to enroll more than one pet in any of the programs. There is also the discount that is OWP based in where you can save money on most of the Banfield products offered that are not part of the OWP program you have.
Banfield Pet Insurance Pros and Cons
- Covers more typical services for wellness and preventive services
- There is no waiting period
- Over 1,000 Banfield recognized pet hospitals
- Very simple pricing structure
- Does not exclude for conditions that are pre-existing
- Plans for both you and adult pets
- Solid Banfield pet insurance reviews
- Reputable and established company
- 24/7 VetChat
- 2 free virtual office visits
- Not a typical insurance carrier
- Does not cover pet accidents
- Only covers cats and dogs
- Can only use benefits at Banfield recognized pet hospitals
What does Banfield insurance cover?
Banfield pet insurance offers Optimum Wellness Plans (OWPs) for dogs and cats and while they cover illnesses they do not cover pet accidents. The company is more about the prevention of illnesses and keeping your pet healthy and not insuring for when there is an accident.
Does Banfield pet insurance cover emergencies?
If there is an emergency visit to a vet hospital for illness or unexpected visits they should be covered by visiting a Banfield recognized pet hospital. However, emergencies that are a result of an accident are not covered.
How to cancel Banfield wellness plan?
You can cancel your plan at any time simply by:
- Calling 888-649-2716.
- Ask to speak to a representative
- Request that you cancel your plan
Does Banfield accept care credit?
Many of the locations for Banfield pet services are for Petco and PetSmart and while they do not accept care credit for buying things in their retail locations or grooming services, they do accept it for veterinary care.
Is Banfield better than pet insurance?
That depends. While the company is about wellness and prevention and offers solid OWP packages they do not offer coverage for accidents. ]
What is Banfield’s phone number?
There are several Banfield phone numbers, which are:
- Headquarters (Vancouver, Washington) – 360-784-5000
- Hospital experience feedback – 877-500-2288
- Optimum Wellness Plan information – Enrollment 877-500-2288, Billing and Payment 877-500-2288, General Info and plan cancellation – 877-500-2288.
- Home delivery inquiries – 888-917-7387
- Website questions and comments – 877-656-7146
How do I get a quote from Banfield pet insurance?
You can get a pricing quote over the phone at the general information phone number of 877-500-2288. You can also get a quote and pricing info through the Banfield email login on the Banfield website.
Banfield pet insurance is not a typical pet insurance carrier, as they offer unique Optimum Wellness Plans (OWPs) to ensure the health of your pet. They offer plans for cats and dogs no matter what their age. They cover a wide variety of things in their plans but they do not cover accidents. You can pay through the Mybanfield account annually or monthly and they offer affordable prices for their services. There are over 1,000 vet hospitals that Banfield recognizes and through their reliable customer service so you can find the right coverage for your pet.
A couple of the unique things they offer is the 24/7 VetChat as well as two free virtual office visits when you buy a package. Banfield pet insurance has impressive reviews and the company is a reputable one that was established and founded in 1955. While not a typical pet insurance carrier, Banfield cares about the well-being of your pet and you can see that with all they offer to ensure their well-being.